For more resources, see our History & Geography databases
- CIA World Factbook - Information on everything from geography to transnational issues are included for each country. The flag and a map of each country is also included.
- Country study reports - Contains studies of over 85 countries.
- Background Notes - "These publications include facts about the land, people, history, government, political conditions, economy, and foreign relations of independent states, some dependencies, and areas of special sovereignty. The Notes are updated/revised by the Office of Electronic Information and Publications of the Bureau of Public Affairs as they are received from the Department's regional bureaus and are added to the database of the Department of State website you are now using."
- One World - Nations Online - This site defines First, Second, Third and Fourth World Nations.
- Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development - The OECD website includes economic statistics of their member countries.
- The World Bank Development Indicators - Find comprehensive data on living standards around the globe at this site.
- How far is it? - This site will calculated the distance between two points "as the crow flies."
- State Information
- NetState.com - Find all the state symbols in one place.
for more resources, see our Geography databases
- Environmental Systems Research, Inc. - Industry leaders in GIS and mapping software.
- LOJIC - The Louisville/Jefferson County Information Consortium (LOJIC) represents a multi-agency effort to build and maintain a comprehensive Geographic Information System (GIS) to serve all of Louisville and Jefferson County, Kentucky. Implementation of LOJIC has progressed and gained momentum as a source of reliable geographic information for all of Jefferson County. LOJIC is an excellent example of cooperation, communication, and coordination among various public agencies and utilities in an attempt to develop a shared GIS to the benefit, not only of the participants themselves, but the entire Louisville and Jefferson county community as a whole.
- National Geographic Map Machine
- Rand McNally Online Road Atlas
- Maps of Africa
- Maps of Asia
- Maps of Australia and the Pacific
- Maps of Cities
- Maps of Countries
- Maps of Europe
- Maps of the Americas
- Maps of the Middle East
- Maps of the United States
- Maps - Related Web Sites
- Maps of States (U.S.)
Last Updated: 7/13/11