Gay & Lesbian Resources
- LGBTHealth Channel - Created by Heathcommunities.com and Fenway Community Health of Boston, this site provides health information for the gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender community.
- MedlinePlus Gay and Lesbian Health - This site is a compendium of mostly government links related to gay and lesbian health issues.
- GLBTQ – the Encyclopedia of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer Culture - An online encyclopedia that covers arts, literature and social sciences.
- People with a History - From Fordham University, People with a History presents a history of gays, lesbians, bisexuals and transgendered people.
- The Fairness Campaign - "The Fairness Campaign is a broad-based community effort dedicated to equal rights. Its primary goal is comprehensive civil rights legislation prohibiting discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity. The Fairness Campaign accomplishes its goals through public education and advocacy, political activity, community building and reciprocal alliances with others in the social justice community."
- Louisville AIDS Walk - The Louisville AIDS Walk is held every year in September to raise money for AIDS services in Louisville.
- Louisville Youth Group (LYG) - "LYG is a community organization that helps and supports young people by providing resources and a safe social atmosphere for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning (GLBTQ), and supporting young people under 21."
- The Advocate - The national gay and lesbian newsmagazine.
- Curve Magazine - "Curve, the nation’s best-selling lesbian magazine, spotlights all that is fresh, funny, exciting, controversial and cutting-edge in our community. Curve brings you the latest in lesbian-related celebrity interviews, news, politics, pop culture, style, travel, social issues and entertainment."
- Out Magazine - Out Magazine features fashion, books, travel and other general issue topics.
- GLAAD - The Gay and Lesbian Alliance against Defamation is a national organization. “GLAAD is dedicated to promoting and ensuring fair, accurate and inclusive representation of people and events in the media as a means of eliminating homophobia and discrimination based on gender identity and sexual orientation.”
- Human Rights Campaign - Based in Washington, D.C. the Human Rights Campaign works for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender equal rights.
- PFLAG - PFLAG is the acronym for Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays. PFLAG is a national non-profit organization which “promotes the health and well-being of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered persons, their families and friends through: support, to cope with an adverse society; education, to enlighten an ill-informed public; and advocacy, to end discrimination and to secure equal civil rights.”
- COLAGE - "COLAGE (Children of Lesbians and Gays Everywhere) is the only national and international organization in the world specifically supporting young people with gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender parents."
- Lambda Legal - "Lambda Legal is a national organization committed to achieving full recognition of the civil rights of lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender people and those with HIV through impact litigation, education and public policy work."
- National Gay and Lesbian Task Force
- Kentucky Fairness Alliance - "The Kentucky Fairness Alliance seeks to advance equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people through leadership development, public education, and by encouraging participation in the democratic process. Includes information on local chapters.”
- The Pride Center of the Bluegrass - "The Center is a community space and resource center primarily used by lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered people in the Central Kentucky area.” The Center is located in Lexington.
Last Updated: 08/28/2012