- You will need a computer with internet access.
- If you are INSIDE the Library, click Browse Music Library or Browse Jazz Library and you will be taken directly to the Music Library pages
- If you are OUTSIDE the library, click Browse Music Library or Browse Jazz Library and you will be prompted to enter your Library card number or username, and password. Enter the information and click Log In.
- To listen on your smartphone or other mobile device you will need the free app and a Playlist account. First create the Playlist account in an internet Browser, then download the app and sign in with your Playlist username and password.
Here is a screenshot of the Music Library:
Find music using the search box or use the navigation bar to browse categories: new releases, recent additions, composers, artists, and so on.
Click on the title of the album you’ve selected. A new screen will appear with the list of tracks, album cover, and the player controls.
You may select individual songs to play or listen to the entire album (click “Select All”). Click “Play Selections”.
- Access the Naxos Music Library or Naxos Music Library Jazz pages in an internet browser using the instructions above. You will need to create a Playlist account for both Music Libraries; you can use the same email address and password for both accounts.
- Go to the Playlists tab.
- Click Sign up and fill out the form for a Student/Member Playlist Account.
- You will receive a confirmation email with a link to confirm your account.
- Browse the catalog or search for desired artists or pieces. Check the box next to the tracks you want and click Add to Playlist. Add tracks to previously created playlists, or create new lists.
To see a video on: "How to Create a Playlist Account"- click here.
To see a video on: "Managing your Playlist Account"- click here.
iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch Apps
*An Android app for the Jazz Music Library is currently in production and should be available soon.
There are two Naxos apps that you can use: Naxos Music Library and Naxos Music Library Jazz.
- To use either app you will first need to use an internet browser to create a Playlist Account. You will need to create and account for both the Naxos Music Library and Naxos Music Library Jazz apps. You can use the same email address and password for both accounts.
- After you create your Playlist Account(s), download the app(s) and sign in with your Playlist Account credentials
See the instructions above on creating a Playlist account.
Want to learn more about LFPL’s Music Library? Take one of our Louisville Free Public Music Library classes - click here to search the Events Calendar.
Contact the Louisville Free Public Library
- EMAIL: click here
- CALL: (502) 574-1611
- IN-PERSON: Library staff are happy to assist you during regular library hours at any of our 18 library locations.