For more resources, see our History & Geography databases
- CIA World Factbook - Information on everything from geography to transnational issues are included for each country. The flag and a map of each country is also included.
- Country study reports - Contains studies of over 85 countries.
- Background Notes - "These publications include facts about the land, people, history, government, political conditions, economy, and foreign relations of independent states, some dependencies, and areas of special sovereignty.
- European Union - Find information about countries in the European Union as well as other useful information about the EU.
- One World - Nations Online - This site defines First, Second, Third and Fourth World Nations.
- Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development - The OECD website includes economic statistics of their member countries.
- The World Bank Development Indicators - Find comprehensive data on living standards around the globe at this site.
- How far is it? - This site will calculated the distance between two points "as the crow flies."
- State Information
- NetState.com - Find all the state symbols in one place.
for more resources, see our Geography databases
- Environmental Systems Research, Inc. - Industry leaders in GIS and mapping software.
- LOJIC - The Louisville/Jefferson County Information Consortium (LOJIC) represents a multi-agency effort to build and maintain a comprehensive Geographic Information System (GIS) to serve all of Louisville and Jefferson County, Kentucky..
- National Geographic Map Machine
- Rand McNally Online Road Atlas
- Maps of Africa
- Maps of Asia
- Maps of Australia and the Pacific
- Maps of Cities
- Maps of Countries
- Maps of Europe
- Maps of the Americas
- Maps of the Middle East
- Maps of the United States
- Maps - Related Web Sites
- Maps of States (U.S.)
Last Updated: 5/14/14