Grantmaking Foundations, Charities and Non-Profits
- Better Business Bureau Charity Reports - This site lists the BBB Philanthropic Advisory Service (PAS) reports on charities and other soliciting organizations and determines if they meet 23 voluntary standards on matters such as finances, appeals and governance.
- Charitable Giving in Kentucky -
The Attorney General for the Commonwealth of Kentucky has included links to all the charitable giving sites for Kentucky.
- GuideStar: The Donor's Guide to the Charitable Universe - A database offering information on the programs and finances of more than 620,000 nonprofit organizations, drawn from the IRS form 990, filed by every charity with yearly revenues of over $25,000.
- Current Non-Profit Entities Filing IRS Tax Form 990 with the Attorney General
- Council on Foundations - Provides information about research, publications, conferences and workshops. Offers a job bank for employers and job seekers in the field of philanthropy.
- Foundation Center - A searchable gateway to philanthropy on the Web. Includes a Foundation finder for private and community foundations in the U.S.; a directory of grantmaker websites; tax returns (IRS form 990-PF) for all private foundations; an Online Librarian to answer questions; a short course in proposal writing; and Philanthropy News Digest, a weekly journal of philanthropy related news. The Main Library also provides access to the Foundation Directory Online.
- Private Foundation Tax Return Search (form 990PF) - From the Foundation Center.
- William E. Barth Foundation - Based in Louisville, "The William E. Barth Foundation was established as a charitable, non-operating, private foundation through the generosity of Mrs. Louise Barth Laffan and Mrs. Dorothy Barth Jockell".
- Blue Grass Community Foundation - The Foundation, based in Lexington serves communities in Central and Eastern Kentucky.
- Community Foundation of Louisville
- Foundation for the Tri-State Community - The Foundation for the Tri-State Community, Inc. is a community foundation serving eastern Kentucky, southern Ohio, and southwestern West Virginia.
- Humana Foundation
- James Graham Brown Foundation - "The mission of the James Graham Brown Foundation is to foster the well-being, quality of life and image of Louisville and Kentucky."
- Kentucky Foundation for Women - "The Kentucky Foundation for Women was established in 1985 by Louisville native and author Sallie Bingham. Her founding gift of $10 million is one of the single largest endowments to any women's fund in the United States."
- Public Life Foundation of Owensboro - The Public Life Foundation of Owensboro is a private, nonpartisan, nonprofit corporation was established by the John S. Hager family in 1996 following the sale of the Messenger-Inquirer to A. H. Belo.
- Center for Nonprofit Excellence - "We are a nonprofit support management organization dedicated to being a resource for the success of the nonprofit sector in the Greater Louisville and Southern Indiana metro area."
- Idealist - An international directory of nonprofit and volunteering resources on the web.
Last Updated: 02/05/2013