Welcome to the Louisville Free Public Library Job Shops!
The Job Shop was created to bring LFPL’s employment and career resources, and the assistance of LFPL staff, into a single service. In addition to our online Job Shop, the Library offers a Job Shop at the Main Library, the Southwest Library, and job seeker workshops throughout the community.
The Job Shop at Main is located on the second floor of the south building (York Street side) of the Main Library. Hours are 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 2 to 5 p.m. on Friday. On weekends, computers on the second floor of the north building are reserved for job seekers. For a map of parking surrounding the Main Library click here. For more information call the Job Shop at 574-1723.
The Job Shop at Southwest is located at 10375 Dixie Highway and open during regular hours.
What you can find at the Job Shops
- Computers for research and job information
- Fax machine and printers
- Basic computer skills help
- Job searching & resume writing classes
- Job listings, both local and national
- Workshops hosted by career development and professional organizations
- Space to work
- Trained staff ready to assist
- Referrals to other community employment organizations
What you can find online at www.lfpl.org/jobshop
- Job and career information
- Computer tutorials
- Career databases
- Class and workshop schedules
- Links to resume writing help