Students ages 12 to 19 are encouraged to submit their original film works to be shown at an event at the Main Library on Saturday, March 16, at 2 p.m. (PLEASE NOTE: New Date and Time)
Original films on any topic or genre are accepted. Films should be G- or PG- rated and suitable for a teen audience. Profanity and nudity are not allowed. Producers must be Louisville residents between the ages of 12 and 19. Films should be no longer than 15 minutes in length.
Deadline for submissions is March 1, 2013. Submissions may be turned in, along with a completed entry form, at any Louisville Free Public Library. Submissions should be on a separate flash-drive or disc and addressed to the attention of “Michael Ward – Louisville Young Filmmakers Festival.”
As part of the Festival, the Library will hold several workshops on film-making and editing. Students who attend the workshops will learn how to create, edit and manage their own digital content.
Mobile Videos/Video Editing Learn how to film and edit your own short, cinematic masterpiece using Windows Live Movie Maker.
- Jeffersontown Library - January 9, 4 p.m.
- Shively Library - February 13, 4 p.m.
- Okolona Library - February 27, 3 p.m.
Make Lab: Movies Make a short movie. Learn about camera-free movie making alternatives and other web-based animation software.
- Shawnee Library - February 15, 3:30 p.m.
- Western Library - February 28, 6:30 p.m.
Stop Motion Video Learn how to make a short, stop-motion video using our digital cameras, iPads, and laptops. Action figures and props welcome.
- Shively Library - January 16, 4 p.m.
- Westport Library - January 30, 3:30 p.m.
- Westport Library - February 25, 3:30 p.m.
- Main Library - February 21, 6 p.m.
For more information, call 574-1724.