Did you ever want to build your own website? What about starting a business or developing your own app?
These are just a few of the skills you can now learn FREE online with your Louisville Free Public Library card* using a new service called Treehouse.
To get started, click one of the buttons above.
Don’t have a library card? Click here to apply online.
*Please Note: Library cards must be in good standing to access all library services, including Treehouse. Cards in good standing will have an account balance under $10 and current registraion information.
Treehouse is an online video and interactive learning platform that teaches people how to design and develop websites and mobile apps. Classes include coding languages like HTML, CSS, PHP, and Ruby, as well as iPhone and Android apps.
In addition to projects, Treehouse also has Learning Adventures -- entire curriculums designed to get students job ready.
• Build a Website - You’ll learn the basics to building a website with an introduction to text editors, basic HTML tags, and advanced HTML skills.
• Start a Business - Find out how to get your business off the right foot. Topics include corporate structure, marketing, finance, and more!
• Learn to Code - Learn technologies such as Ruby on Rails to help you build the next world changing product.
• Build an iPhone App - If you want to learn how to build iPhone or iPad apps, this is the spot. You’ll learn the language, tools, and necessary concepts to get your app out the door.
• Build an Android App - You’ll see exactly how to build a finished Android app with touch & motion. You’ll also learn the Java language and Android SDK.
To get started, click here.