Maker Spaces at LFPL
A maker space is a collaborative work space for making, learning, and exploring with high-tech and no-tech tools. At LFPL, our maker spaces are stocked with a variety of machines, materials, and expertise to help you get started on your projects and ideas. These spaces are free and open to everyone (children ages 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times.)
Northeast Regional Library
The Northeast Regional Library Maker Pavilion provides patrons with access to technology and tools for creation. Adults and teens ages 13+ are welcome to make an appointment to use the space after completing a Maker Pavilion 101 orientation. Children ages 12 and under are welcome with an accompanying adult who has completed MP101. Maker Pavilion programs are designed to accommodate all skill and experience levels.
The Maker Pavilion includes:
- Maker Space with a Glowforge laser cutter, Makerbot 3D printer, Silhouette Cameo cutting machine, Janome sewing machines, button machines, laminator, art supplies, laptops with Adobe Creative Suite, and more!
- A/V Studio with a recording booth, audio equipment, photography and videography equipment, green screen technology, musical instruments, and more!
- Demonstration Kitchen
- Porch area for exercise classes
South Central Regional Library
The COLLIDER Maker Lab provides patrons access to technology and tools for creation. Contact us for more information and to reserve machines.
- Janome and Babylock sewing machines
- Makerbot 3D printer
- Cricut Explore Air 2 and Cricut Maker 3
- Glowforge laser cutter
- Roland vinyl cutter
- Button makers
- Adobe Creative Suite
Make something with an artist. The COLLIDER Artist-in-Residency program at South Central Regional Library is your opportunity to learn from working artists. Learn a different art practice every month with a new artist with open studio hours and workshops. Meet all the artists at lfpl.org/collider/
Show and Tell
We love to see what you make!
- Tag us on Facebook
- Tweet @lfpl
- Instagram @louisvillefreepubliclibrary
- Use the hashtag #lfplmakerspace
Don't forget! You can check out telescopes at the Library!
Thanks to a generous donation from the Louisville Astronomical Society, LFPL is excited to offer telescopes for check out at the Southwest and South Central Regional libraries. The lending period is for one week and is limited to Louisville Free Public Library cardholders in good standing, 18 years or older. Signing a Telescope User Agreement at the time of checkout is required. Go to the Library Catalog to reserve one today.
For more information on the telescope lending program, visit:
- Northeast Regional Library - (502) 394-0379
- Southwest Regional Library - (502) 933-0029
- South Central Regional Library - (502) 964-3515