Free Online Tutoring
Brainfuse Help NOW is an online tutoring service offering access to live tutors, 2–11 p.m., 7 days a week. Students can chat or text with tutors in real-time, get help with math problems, have papers reviewed, discuss practice test results, and more. HelpNow even offers live FAFSA help and online practice tests.
Databases vs. Websites
A database contains information from encyclopedias, dictionaries, magazines, newspapers, reference books and other sources. You can search a database to find information you need. Web sites can be created by anybody and while some websites have great information, some websites may contain information that is not accurate.
Coding & Technology
- The Louvre - One of the world's most famous art museums located in Paris, France that houses the Mona Lisa.
- Speed Art Museum - Check out the current exhibits and collections of this contemporary Louisville art museum.
- Smithsonian Institution - Explore the museums and zoo, research centers, and fields of study of the Smithsonian.
- Ben's Guide - Learn how the Government works.
- Tumblebooks - TumbleBookLibrary has over 1100 titles for grades K-6, and includes our unique animated, talking picture books, read-along chapter books, National Geographic videos, non-fiction books, playlists, as well as books in Spanish and French.
- JCPS Backpack of Success Skills - The JCPS Backpack of Success Skills initiative is an innovative online portfolio of learning built using Google and Amplified I.T. that can be used as tangible proof to show that students are prepared for life after high school.
- Khan Academy - A free resource offering exercises, quizzes, and instructional videos lessons in math, science, and humanities from kindergarten
- Ted Ed - Discover hundreds of animated lessons, create customized lessons, celebrates the ideas of teachers and students around the world.
- Culture Grams - Get interesting, reliable, and up-to-date information about states and countries. You can hear national anthems, read about customs and lifestyles, see pictures, and find recipes from around the world.
- World Factbook - Learn all about over 266 world entities in this CIA publication.
- Courier Journal - Find full text articles printed since 1/1/1999. There are no graphics or photographs included.
- Primary Search - Search for articles from magazines, books, journals, almanacs, primary sources and more. Easy to use search tools even include searching by lexile reading level.
- International Children's Digital Library - This digital library of outstanding children's books allows access to stories from different cultures and world communities.
- Read Kiddo Read - You will find book suggestions and reviews for four different age categories, interviews with authors, and more.
- Spell Check - Play this fun game to identify misspelled words.
- Word Central - This dictionary, thesaurus, and rhyming word finder will help you polish any homework assignment.
- Library of Congress Kid’s Page - The Center for the Book in the Library of Congress invites people of all ages to discover the fascinating people, places and events that await you whenever you read.
- Poetry Foundation Kids - Learn about and read children's poems from the Poetry Foundation.
- Poems for Kids - Lessons, essays, and educational resources for poems for young readers from the Academy of American Poets.
- Culture Grams - You can learn so much about states and countries using this website. You can hear a country’s national anthem, see pictures and find recipes for dishes from around the world.
- JCPS Student Page - Start here if you have a question as a student of Jeffeson County Public Schools.
- List of JCPS Schools - Find schools, contact information, and links to school websites.
- Khan Academy - A free resource offering exercises, quizzes, and instructional video lessons in math, science, and humanities for kindergarten through college.
- Wolfram | Alpha - Part search engine and part calculator, you can use Wolfram|Alpha to check your algebra solutions, compare any two first names and see how common each is, check the weather or generate a star chart. You can use it to learn more or do math with anything that is computable or has numeric data.
- Animal Information Database - Discover a wealth of information about all types of animals, with photographs included.
- Exploratorium- The Exploratorium isn't just a museum; it's an ongoing exploration of science, art, and human perception.
- NASA for Kids- The purpose of NASA STEM is to engage students in NASA's mission.
- National Geographic-Kids- Learn all you wanted to know about animals with pictures, videos, facts, news, and more.
- National Park Service's Learn and explore- Explore natural resource science in a fun, interactive way.
- Smithsonian Learning Lab- Smithsonian Learning Lab is your destination for millions of carefully curated, easily accessible, customizable, and shareable open educational resources.
- Wonderopolis - a place where natural curiosity and imagination lead to exploration and discovery in learners of all ages.
- Duolingo - Learn 30+ languages online with bite-size lessons via the web or free mobile app.
- Transparent Language - Explore a new language at the library, at home, or on the go using any Internet-connected device. Available in 110+ languages, including ESL/ELL.
- Word Reference - Bilingual and monolingual dictionaries for common languages including Spanish, Italian, French, German, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, and more. Also has forums for language learners and experts to ask and answer questions.